• Organizations shall be based on a project completed through a communal effort in the bayanihan spirit.
• The project should have a measurable impact in a local community and/or in the Philippines.
1. Measurable impact: scope and number of benificiaries with known effective results.
2. Highlight the value of unity/pagkakaisa (effective elimination of selosan (jealousy), inggita (envy), siraan (badmouthing), etc. or has effectively dealt with these either through interventions or through innovative methods.
3. Focused on service and/or issue (poverty, health, education, etc) as felt either in the US or in the Philippines.
4. Transcend regionalism/parochialism.
5. Participatory/people oriented leadership (as shown in the manner of how they choose their leaders and their acceptance thereof).
6. Promotes Filipino values and culture; Filipino heritage.