Filipino American Law Enforcement Officer Association
"The Filipino-American Law Enforcement Officers Association ( FALEO ) was established to promote fraternal relationships and cultural awareness amongst Filipinos in law enforcement. To that end, Faleo is committed to supporting cultural, educational, recreational and charitable services within our Filipino Communities."
Other projects through the years:
1. Bringing food and Christmas joy to seniors at Canon Kip
2. Donation of school supplies to some public schools in the Philippines
3. Visit to SFO schools
4. Participate in Independence Day parade in their uniforms... This is to show all that they are proud to be Filipino law enforcement officers.
5. They coordinate closely with the Phil Consulate in their donations and training trips to the Philippines
6. Sending of goods and clothes to the Philippines
Bayanihan... Pride to be Filipinos... Selfless giving...
• Organizations shall be based on a project completed through a communal effort in the bayanihan spirit.
• The project should have a measurable impact in a local community and/or in the Philippines.
1. Measurable impact: scope and number of benificiaries with known effective results.
2. Highlight the value of unity/pagkakaisa (effective elimination of selosan (jealousy), inggita (envy), siraan (badmouthing), etc. or has effectively dealt with these either through interventions or through innovative methods.
3. Focused on service and/or issue (poverty, health, education, etc) as felt either in the US or in the Philippines.
4. Transcend regionalism/parochialism.
5. Participatory/people oriented leadership (as shown in the manner of how they choose their leaders and their acceptance thereof).
6. Promotes Filipino values and culture; Filipino heritage.